Detoxing the Body and Mind
Our minds and bodies are constantly processing food, drink, thoughts, and emotions. In our 100 miles-per-minute world, we can easily feel overwhelmed. Think of detoxification the same way as changing the oil in a car or the filter in air conditioner – all “machines” including our bodies, work more efficiently when free of gunk. Toxins are our bodies’ gunk and they are poisonous to cells, disrupt the metabolism of cells, and can wreck havoc with digestion. Manmade and natural toxins are everywhere and we’re exposed to them every day, including carcinogens (substances known to cause cancer including tobacco); neurotoxins (substances added to foods that cause nerve stimulation, including caffeine, MSG and artificial sweeteners); and hormone disruptors (chemicals from outside the body that can interfere with the body functions, including chemical waste and petrochemicals). A simple detox can help bodies tremendously. Consequences of toxins are many, including allergies, bowel problems, headaches, hormone imbalance, irritability, fatigue, PMS, muscle and joint pain. Even if you don’t feel poorly, a complete detox program will give you energy, and make you feel healthier and more focused. It can even change your appearance, clearing your skin, making your eyes brighter and taking away dark circles. Detoxing also has anti-aging benefits as it assists your body in functioning better.
. Combining the following foods in the tastiest manner will aid in your detoxing.
- Fruit – eating fresh fruit is very important, and any kind of fruit is okay. Real fruit juices also work as long as they don’t contain sugar or preservatives.
- Vegetables – the same rule will apply with vegetables as with fruits, eat. Any combination that appeals to your taste buds works.
- Beans and lentils – Water-packed beans are ok; oil-packed are not.
- Tofu and quorn – These are both popular meat substitutes
- Oats – sprinkle them over fresh fruit. Cook them. Enliven their taste with fresh fruits or honey.
- Fresh fish – A great aid for detoxifying. Avoid oil-packed fish.
- Live yogurt – Probiotics in live yogurt help settle digestion
Avoid these Foods
Red meat, chicken, turkey and other poultry
- Processed meat products, such as sausages, hotdogs, processed luncheon meats, and pate
- Milk, cream, cheese and other dairy products
- Eggs, butter and margarine
- High salty snacks like potato chips or other snack chips
- Salted nuts of any kind
- Chocolate, candy and other sweets
- Refined sugar
- Jams and jellies
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Alcohol of any kind
- Premixed retail salad dressings
Detoxing your body twice each year will result in improved overall health, and reduce the problems associated with the dangers of pollution, toxins, and stress that is faced each day.
Find yourself a nutritionist to help with looking at your eating plan ( if you want to look into allergies and foods to avoid contact Debbie Watkins email@example.com 07941872598)
You can treat your body to a detox with holistic therapies. There are many to choose from – Reflexology, Thai Herbal Compress Massage and Bio Energiser Detox Spa.
Reflexology -Reflexology can help the body detox by ‘balancing’ organs like the kidneys and liver, and enabling the intestines to carry out their cleansing function without causing any unnecessary pressure.
Reflexology can also tell you what your body requires or simply what it is going through. If you have reflexology treatments whilst you are detoxing your body you will find that common ‘tender points’ are those of the bladder, kidney and digestive systems, all of which are working hard. The practitioner will work on these specific points to bring them to optimum condition for continued cleansing.
Thai Herbal Compress Massage – The treatment combines eastern massage techniques with a light pressure patting, rolling, kneading and gentle but deeply effective massage. The heat from the compress carries the herbal essences and the essential oils deep into the skin, underlying tissues and organs. The treatment brings about a deep sensation of comfort and warmth whilst stimulating the body to detoxify and heal itself.
Bio Energiser Detox Spa- The relaxing 30 minute treatment involves placing your feet into a spa bowl filled with warm salted water. An Energizing Cartridge creates a flow of electrons and a bioenergetic field that provides a relaxing and enjoyable treatment. The feet have an amazing 2000 pores in each foot and therefore offer one of the best points to administer the treatment which is both efficient and convenient. The Bio Energiser rebalances and harmonises by sending signals up through the lymph glands to stimulate the detox process.
Also remember to skin brush the body to help your lymph system to clean itself of the toxins, that collect in the lymph glands and also to use saunas.
Your mind and the thoughts it thinks are the cause of all that you experience, including the health of your body. If you detox your body without detoxing your mind, you will simply recreate those bodily toxins. Stress can be greatly decreased via meditation.
1. Find a quiet and comfortable place. Sit in a chair or on the floor with your head, neck and back straight but not stiff.
2. Try to put aside all thoughts of the past and the future and stay in the present.
3. Become aware of your breathing, focusing on the sensation of air moving in and out of your body as you breathe. Feel your belly rise and fall, the air enter your nostrils and leave your mouth. Pay attention to the way each breath changes and is different.
4. Watch every thought come and go, whether it be a worry, fear, anxiety or hope. When thoughts come up in your mind, don’t ignore or suppress them but simply note them, remain calm and use your breathing as an anchor.
5. If you find yourself getting carried away in your thoughts, observe where your mind went off to, without judging, and simply return to your breathing. Remember not to be hard on yourself if this happens.
6. As the time comes to a close, sit for a minute or two, becoming aware of where you are. Get up gradually.
Take exercise like a walk in the park, yoga, tai chi. Try Nordic Walking or using a personal trainer (Trish Sharps www.active-4-life.co.uk ) Take a break from technology – computer’s , ipad’s, phones, televison etc. Try to take steps to free yourself of the past hurts and worries that continue to live with you. Start a personal ritual, such as writing a letter (your don’t have to send it!) to get out all your feelings. Or buy a beautiful journal to give yourself a regular outlet for all your emotions, regrets, and worries. Don’t push these emotions away. Harness them and move on as a smarter person. Even record you accomplishments, days out, everything that makes you feel good, include photos, remembrances.